Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oh My Darling: Returning to The Walking Dead


I loved The Walking Dead: Season One and eagerly snapped up 400 Days.  I became a fan of the comic and caught myself up to the new monthly releases.  But something happened, I realized I actually preferred the big chunks of story -- always wanting to know what happened next now.  I could barely wait to download the new comic from Comixology only to find myself wanting the next installment as soon as I completed the current one.  The impatience affected how I approached The Walking Dead: Season Two.

Of course, part of the delay was also a consequence of the Xbox 360, while still hooked up, not transfering super easily to play on my set up.  No "Xbox, Play 360 command" (yet) on the X1.  That said, I have had occasion to dust off the old console for a rare Rock Band session or some Disney Infinity when the nieces and nephews are over.  But no Season Two just yet.

I was tempted to pick the game up for the Vita and while I love the handheld, there's definitely something to be said about the atmosphere of playing The Walking Dead late at night, lights off, on the big screen.  I'd often times play late (not sure that the wife would look so happily at me playing it) and with the headphones on, me, Lee and Clementine.  And I do want to see how my story progresses.

So I managed to avoid most spoilers and am pretty much ready to queue it up and go.  I'm hoping for some more of the great "fun" of the Walking Dead world.  I'm ready to make the difficult decisions and live with the consequences.  If there in fact is a Season Three, and I hope that there is (without knowing for sure), I have my fingers crossed that there's a way to transfer the save data.

No comments:

Post a Comment